TUCA houses a variety of specialist training facilities including:
- A simulated pit top
- Pit bottom and running tunnel environment
- Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) equipment and training support
- SCL simulators and ring erector simulators
- Materials testing laboratory
- Loco driver training facilities
Additional facilities include a variety of small tools and equipment, four teaching rooms, a test centre for online safety testing, a large refectory and a Learning Resource Centre.
If you would like to hire a room for a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3197 5002.
Rates start at £250 per day.
STAT: TUCA is a large structure, approximately 100 metres long, 36 metres wide and 12 metres high. The total size of the Academy extends to 3,600 sq. metres.
Rail Minister Theresa Villiers said: “Investing in this Academy further emphasises Government’s commitment to rebalancing our economy and promoting the skills our young people need to help Britain compete in the world.