City & Guilds 2382-18 Level 3 Certificate in the Regulations Electrical Installations (18th Edition)
The C&G 2382-18 18th Edition is a course which covers the Wiring Regulations for Electrical Installers. The Institution for Engineering and Technology (IET) published an updated version of the Wiring Regulations on 1st July 2018. This resulted in a new C&G qualification to replace the previous 2382-15.
The regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations, and additions and alterations of existing installations.
Those working on the design, installation and inspection and testing of wiring systems will need to be prepared for the changes in order to remain compliant as some of the changes will affect most electrical installation work. These include, but are not limited to:
- additions to the scope of BS 7671
- changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- supporting of wiring systems
- inspection and testing procedures.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Latest amendments and appendices of the regulations
The classroom based theoretical course will teach you how to reference the Wiring Regulations for situations that you will encounter whilst working in the field.
None, but most useful to experienced electricians who want to work without supervision.
OPEN BOOK, timed on-line multiple choice examination (2 hours).
Candidates will be required to bring a non-programmable calculator for use at the exam.
The course takes 3 days, from 9am to 5pm, plus the exam.
£395 plus VAT without the Wiring Regulations (you are required to bring your own, correct version)
£445 plus VAT including a copy of the Wiring Regulations
What is Included?
The course fee covers the following:
- Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
- Course materials
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
- Lunch & Refreshments
In the event that candidates need to resit the examination, an additional C&G examination fee applies.
Successful achievement leads to a C&G 2382-18 Level 3 Certificate in the Regulations for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018.
City & Guilds 2391 Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing
To discuss your requirements, please call PROCAT Training on 01268 662440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org