Emergency First Aid at Work
This 1-day Emergency First Aid course provides candidates with a good overview of the role of the first-aider and covers a set of practical skills to deal with first aid incidences.
The course is delivered according to HSE guidelines. Holders of the Emergency First Aid Certificate issued upon successful completion of this course can be used as First Aiders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
The first aid training should include all the elements below but where practicable, can be tailored to meet the needs of individuals and/or their employers.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, small splinters)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is not breathing
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first-aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock or has fainted
Each candidate will be continually assessed throughout this course.
1 day, from 9am to 5pm
This course can be offered at PROCAT or on-site, as required.
A course fee of £1000 covers up to 8 candidates.
What is Included?
The course fee covers the following:
Course materials, incl. first aid manual, a resuscitation face shield, notebook and pen and other relevant hand-outs
Certification upon successful completion
Each candidate will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
To discuss your requirements, please call Urte Sonnenberg or another member of the team on 01268 662440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.