First Aid at Work
This 3-day First Aid at Work course provides candidates with a comprehensive understanding of the role of the first-aider and covers a set of practical skills to deal with first aid at work incidences.
The course is delivered according to HSE guidelines. Holders of the Emergency First Aid Certificate issued upon successful completion of this course can be used as First Aiders in the workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
The first aid training should include all the elements below but where practicable, can be tailored to meet the needs of individuals and/or their employers.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, small splinters).
Candidates will be shown how to administer appropriate first aid according to current protocols to a casualty who:
- Is unconscious
- Is not breathing
- Is choking
- Is wounded and bleeding
- Is in shock or has fainted
- Is burned or scalded
- Has injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries, head injuries or chest injuries
- Has eye injuries
- Is suffering from poisoning
- Is in anaphylactic shock
- Is suffering from extreme temperature, hypothermia, heat exhaustion, heatstroke
Candidates will be able to recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid to a casualty who is suffering from:
- a heart attack
- a stroke
- a seizure
3 days, from 9am to 5pm
This course can be offered at PROCAT or on-site, as required.
A course fee of £2250 covers up to 12 candidates.
What is Included?
The course fee covers the following:
Registration, examination and assessment fees
Course materials, incl. first aid manual, a resuscitation face shield, notebook and pen and other relevant hand-outs
Certification upon successful completion
The course leads to a First Aid at Work Certificate.
Each candidate will be assessed by an independent assessor and on successful completion two certificates will be issued, one A4 display certificate and one wallet size certificate.
Certification is valid for 3 years and it is recommended that a 3 hour refresher course is attended annually.
Providing the candidate is still in date or not exceeding 28 days of their qualification they can requalify by attending a 2 day requalification course which will be valid for another 3 years. If they are out of date by more than 28 days they will have to attend the full 3 days again.
To discuss your requirements, please call Urte Sonnenberg or another member of the team on 01268 662440 or e-mail email@example.com.