Principles of Manual Handling
The Manual Handling course is aimed at those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces candidates to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which can cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the manual handling operations regulations
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling’ and give examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- State the principals for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
Multiple choice exam.
1/2 day, from 9am to 12.30pm
£640 plus VAT for groups of up to 8 people at PROCAT.
Please ask for a quote for on-site training.
What is Included?
The course fee covers the following:
- Course materials
- PROCAT pad and pen
- Certification upon successful completion
- Lunch & refreshments
On successful completion of the course you will receive a PROCAT Certificate of Attendance.
To discuss your requirements, please call Urte Sonnenberg or another member of the team on 01268 662440 or e-mail email@example.com.