PASMA – TOWERS WITH CANTILEVERS
This 1-day PASMA Towers with Cantilevers course will benefit any personnel whose work involves using towers with Cantilevers taking into account the principles of counterbalance calculations for the use of kentledge in Cantilever applications.
Candidates will learn how to safely assemble, use, dismantle and relocate a standard configuration of a mobile access tower with a cantilever.
- Regulations and Guidance affecting working at height with mobile access towers,
- PASMA Code of Practice
- Product Standards EN 1004:2004
- BS 1139 Part 6:2014
- Assembling, altering and dismantling towers incorporating current best practice for fall protection
- Inspection of completed towers with cantilevers and completion of Tower Inspection Records,
- Hazards affecting the use of towers with a cantilever
A good understanding of oral and written English as delegates must be able to read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
Delegates must provide their own PPE for the practical session. Required are:
- A hard hat
- Safety boots
High-viz vests and thin gloves will be supplied.
Given the more complex concepts involved, this course will be a fresh challenge to delegates and in order to be eligible, delegates must have already passed PASMA Towers for Users course and have a good working knowledge of working at height.
Since the assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Closed book with a pass mark of 80% in both a multiple-choice theory test and subsequent practical assessment.
1 Day, from 9am to 4pm
£185 plus VAT per person
A course fee of £1300 plus VAT covers up to 8 candidates.
A grant may be available for eligible employers. £50 per day for training days only. Visit citb.co.uk/grant for further information.
What is Included?
- Registration, Examination and assessment Fees
- Course materials and PASMA code of practise
- PROCAT Pad and Pen
- Certification upon successful completion
A PASMA Photo Card and Certificate with a five year validity period will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical sessions.
- PASMA Towers on Stairs
- CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS)
- CISRS Scaffolding Part 1
- CISRS Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
To discuss your requirements, please call the training department on 0203 9601420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.