Tunnelling Safety Training Scheme (TSTS)
This Site Safety Plus accredited course is the new industry agreed solution for anyone working in a tunnel under construction.
This one-day program is designed to help those wishing to improve their knowledge of the safety requirements when working in the tunnelling industry.
It replaces the existing three tunnelling options:
- Tunnel Safety Card (TSC)
- Underground Safety Passport (USP)
- CITB HS&E specialist tunnelling test
The TSTS is being supported by CITB, TunnelSkills and the British Tunnelling Society.
This qualification is a requirement for contractors wanting to work on major tunnelling contracts.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- Entry into a tunnel environment
- Surface works and shafts
- Tunnel construction
- Tunnelling plant and equipment
- Control of underground plant during tunnelling operations
- Emergency arrangements
- Occupational Health
At the end of the course candidates will
- Be aware of legislation and standards specific to tunnelling
- Know the health, safety and occupational hazards and PPE requirements in the tunnelling environment
- Be able to understand risk assessment principles and risk management practice in a tunnelling environment , and how these risks are identified and communicated
- Know the generic operations taking place within portals, shaft top and pit bottom areas, and their relevance to the tunnelling operation
- Appreciate the basic principles of tunnel construction, tunnelling methods, and their inherent risks and how each method is influenced by ground types
- Understand the hazards and the controls required with plant, equipment and services in tunnelling operations.
A good understanding of oral and written English.
One multiple choice test paper.
One day, from 8.45am - 4pm
£175 plus VAT per person
A course for up to 16 candidates costs £2400 plus VAT.
Please call for a bespoke quote for larger volumes.
What is Included?
Registration, Examination and Assessment Fees
Course materials and tools
PROCAT Pad and Pen
Certification upon successful completion
The CITB accredited Tunnelling Safety Training Scheme (TSTS) is valid for 3 years, after which candidates are expected to register on a renewal course.
A number of tunnelling training programmes are available including:
- Traineeships and apprenticeships
- Trailer mounted concrete pump/pressurised systems training and testing
- CPCS Loco: Training and testing
- Overhead gantry crane operator training and testing
To discuss your requirements, please call the training department on 0203 9601420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.